You are not logged in.

Wednesday, May 23rd 2018, 3:03am

greatest IMO and still sporting the

The midsole on the original Kiger was nice, but overall felt just a little too soft. In particular, the heel of the original Kiger was much too soft (it had a dual density foam with a softer compound in the heel), which I think created most of the instability problems Nike Free Run 3.0 Dames that I experienced on technical terrain with that shoe. The Kiger 2 was updated with a single density midsole throughout, and feels firmer overall. The result, while not changing the DNA of the shoe, was Nike Air Max 1 Womensa huge improvement for me. It made a shoe that was iffy at best on technical terrain to one that could cover the gamut of almost any trail conditions. As such, I ended up using the Kiger 2 for half of the Rut 50k and it performed very well on terrain that it is not ideally designed for…after that race I was convinced that they had fixed the stability issues on more technical terrain. There are not many races in the US that cover more technical terrain than the Rut 50k.

Though the ride is incrementally sharper and firmer, don’t be turned off by that if you prefer softer shoes. It’s not even close to the firmest shoe I’ve run Adidas ZX Flux Damen in, and still feels softer than most inov-8’s, Merrells, or a shoe like the New Balance 110v1. The added firmness gives it more stability, precision, protection from rocks, and support for longer runs. The Nike Roshe Run Womens midsole update is what really makes the shoe. The upper is an added bonus, but the upper change alone would not have fixed the majority of the problems I had with Kiger 1. The new midsole does.Nike Terra Kiger Nike Air Max 90 Femme 2 Outsole. Soft rubber in the middle, regrind (which is much harder) on the outside. Still not crazy about outsole design, but the harder rubber on the outside does hold up better.
Here lies the last issue I had with the Kiger 1, and it remains largely unchanged on the Kiger 2. The outsole design is the same; not the greatest IMO and still sporting the ridiculous heel design, although I didn’t cut it off this time. This seems to confirm that the outsole design was not the main culprit in the instability of the heel I felt in the Kiger 1 (the soft midsole seems to have been the problem). The only thing changed on the Kiger Nike Air Max Thea Mujer 2 outsole is the use of a regrind rubber on the outside rubber piece where the Kiger 1 had the softer sticky rubber across the entire outsole. The benefit of this is that the regrind rubber is more durable (Adidas NMD Damen much harder rubber) and contributes to a little more precise edging.
The heel lug pattern is still as bothersome to me as it was before. It just adds weight while giving nearly no usable traction benefit. If they can dial in the outsole without messing up the rest of the shoe for version 3, it really would be the best all around lightweight trail shoe on the market.

Rate this thread